Monday, May 19, 2008

Industry, Charity, Faith, Hope

I'm awake.

Limbs functional.

Eyes functional... mostly...

Lifting torso and head... check.

Kneeling for prayer... check.

Initiating frontal lobe...


"Heavenly Father,

"Thank you LORD for the new day, and whatever it may bring. Thank you for watching over my loved ones, acquaintances, and all of Your people. Please continue to guide us in Your truth, and teach us to walk in the way that we should go. I praise You this day, for in You I Hope.

"I've been thinking for some time about my work in this life. Thank you for helping me to begin my own design business for my immediate needs. I truly appreciate it and know that as I give diligence I will prosper. But is this the work I should be doing today? Will this knowledge that I am gaining mold me into a man who can lead Your people when life as we know it changes for everyone around Your world? Will it make a difference in a world without electricity or desire for aesthetics? Your people will need a knowledge of agriculture for their food, construction for their dwellings, and heavenly principles for their lives. My greater knowledge on these subjects has been purely on paper; worthless perhaps, without experience. Can I call myself a Godly man in spite of this? Should I today lessen my work in one industry to give room for that which is will further my work for You in another?

"As I am, what is my worth to those who I wish to benefit? Will it be measured in my ability to calculate the load of another? Or perhaps in my reasoning skills? Surely not. Thank you for blessing me with a mind that is able to expand into a great diversity of fields and hands that are not strangers to heavy labor. But how can I show my love for my family now or hereafter as I am? If it be Your will that I have a family of my own, what of our home? Shall I love them purely through affection and teaching? These hands and this mind; with all that I have and all that I am I wish to glorify Thy Name and truly be the priest and house-band in my home.

"I know LORD, that your timing is perfect and all things are possible with You. In Your time You are able to prepare me for the times of trouble ahead and for each passing day. Help me to trust in You for all knowledge, experience, and training to make my home a foretaste of heaven this day. You are my Hope, my Savior, my Teacher, my friend. Give me the patience to wait for Your bidding, the experience of living justly, and eyes set only on You. Guide Your people, for we have not followed in Your straight paths but have walked in our own foolishness. Lead us, dear Shepherd. Help me to walk with You this day. Thank you for the gift of Your Son, who gives us a Hope for tomorrow, dear Friend.

"Amen"

It's a new day... now onto living it.

2 comments:

Raine said...

amen. beautiful prayer to jump start the day. keep the fire burning!

Luis Rios said...

Thanks for the comment Raine. :) I appreciate it.