Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Present Days

A great many things have been going on lately in my life; and because reporting is the purpose of perhaps 50% of blogs, I thought I should do some.

This past Sabbath I went to a family campmeeting nearby. I traveled alone, but still got a great blessing. Many subjects I had been studying on my own were brought out and expounded upon and put into greater perspective. The meetings were a great blessing.

One thing troubled me slightly: a girl who stood on the stage, waiting to speak with her family, greatly resembled a friend from my past. She was certainly not that friend, but perhaps Providence proposed that I resort to prayer for this person... I can only hope she is well and learning to love the LORD more each new day.

The economy has been slip-n-sliding down the tubes, but I praise God that He has helped me to find work that will keep my head above water. I've been working with a building crew who is currently working on the addition to my parent's home. Mangled knuckles greet me most evenings, but I enjoy working on my feet and learning what I can about the relations between architecture and actual construction. There are many more things to consider than I had first thought, and I'm grateful for the experience. I've been sleeping a LOT better as well.

I am thankful too for a friend, who has become dear to me, who has inspired, appreciated, and understood me in words and ways that I deemed impossible long ago. I hope and pray that I will one day soon be prepared to meet her face to face. There is so much more I want to be before that day, and so little time left for my Earth. Thank you friend, for being a light within it.

Back to work! More news later… maybe.

No comments: